Recipe by NancyB
From the "Hershey's Classic Recipes" book. A wonderful chocolate pie - not too rich - and very easy to make. Can also use a chocolate crumb crust for a different twist.
Top Review by Jay3fer
Quick, easy, yummy! I used 1/2 the amount of gelatin (14g) because 1oz/28g it seemed like a LOT. Even with cutting down the amount, I had a bit of difficulty getting all the gelatin to dissolve in such a small amount of liquid; the boiling water cooled off way too fast. So I heated the water/gelatin mix a bit, gently, on the stovetop, and it dissolved just fine. After that, the mousse set just fine and was delicious!
- 1 (1 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup hershey's cocoa
- 2 cups cold whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 packaged graham cracker crumb crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a small bowl. Let stand 2 minutes to soften.
- Add boiling water. Stir until gelatin is completely dissolved and mixture is clear. Cool slightly.
- Mix sugar and cocoa in large bowl.
- Add whipping cream and vanilla.
- Beat with mixer on medium speed until stiff, scraping bottom of bowl often.
- Pour in gelatin mixture and beat until well blended.
- Spoon into crust. Refrigerate about 3 hours.
- Garhis with whipped cream and chocolate chips or Hershey's Mini Kisses.
- Refrigerate leftovers.