Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Source: Hershey's website
Make and share this Hershey's Chocolate Cherry Fudge recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup maraschino cherry, finely chopped, well drained
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 3 2⁄3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup hershey's cocoa or 1⁄2 cup hershey's special dark cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup pecan pieces
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- maraschino cherry, halves well drained (optional)
- slivered almonds (optional)
- Line 8-inch square pan with foil.
- Lightly press chopped cherries between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Place butter in medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute or until melted; stir in powdered sugar, cocoa and evaporated milk until well blended.
- Microwave at HIGH 1-1/2 minutes; stir vigorously.
- Microwave at HIGH an additional 30 seconds at a time, until mixture is hot, slightly thickened and smooth when stirred.
- Do NOT boil.
- Stir in chopped cherries, pecans and almond extract.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Cover; refrigerate until firm.
- Remove foil; cut into squares.
- Garnish with cherry halves and slivered almonds pressed lightly onto fudge, if desired.
- Serve cold; refrigerate leftover fudge.
- NOTE: For best results, do not double this recipe.
Made this as directed & used the dark cocoa & toasted pecans! Also used just the slivered almonds on top, & had some GREAT TASTING FUDGE, the kind I'd like to share with others during the winter holidays! Thanks much for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag]