1/18 Photos of Hershey's Chocolate Cake With Frosting
1 hr 10 mins
Lydia's Mama's Note:
One night I was craving chocolate cake, but we didn't have a mix and I didn't feel like going to the store. I looked on the back of a box of Hershey's Cocoa and found this recipe. It is just a basic chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, but it is DIVINE. My husband and I both LOVE it and think it is the best cake ever. I will never make chocolate cake from a box again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE CAKE
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
FOR THE FROSTING
- 1CAKE DIRECTIONS: Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- 3Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla.
- 4Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- 5Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin).
- 6Pour into 2 greased and floured 9" round pans.
- 7Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Cool 10 minutes, then remove to wire racks and cool completely.
- 9Frost with "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Frosting.
- 10This also makes about 30 cupcakes.
- 11FROSTING DIRECTIONS: Melt butter.
- 12Stir in cocoa.
- 13Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating on medium speed to spreading consistency.
- 14Add more milk, if needed.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hershey's Chocolate Cake With Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (2009 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6366.4
- Calories from Fat 2123
- Total Fat 235.9 g
- Saturated Fat 83.2 g
- Cholesterol 661.5 mg
- Sodium 5893.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1013.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 28.5 g
- Sugars 753.9 g
- Protein 69.4 g