Recipe by Aunt Dawn
These are really good chewy chocolate cookies! This recipe came from on the container of Hershey's baking cocoa.
Top Review by Rose is Rose
I really messed up and only used one stick of butter + the four tablespoons. I couldn't imagine why the dough was so stiff at the end! It wasn't until I was completely done baking cookies that I realized I had left out half of the butter. How were the cookies you ask? They were delicious!! They were like miniature brownies, not dry or hard. Just deep chocolate goodness! They were a bit small and didn't spread, probably due to not using all of the butter. If these were that good with a major error, I can only imagine how good they will be with full power butter! Aunt Dawn, thanks for a great recipe!! It's a keeper!!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup hershey cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar in large bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla; blend well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Blend into creamed mixture drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet bake at 350° for 10 minutes (Do not over bake. Cookies will be soft. They will puff during baking, flatten upon cooling.) cool on cookie sheet until set, about 1 minute remove to wire rack to cool.