Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are really good chewy chocolate cookies! This recipe came from on the container of Hershey's baking cocoa.
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup hershey cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cream butter and sugar in large bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla; blend well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Blend into creamed mixture drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet bake at 350° for 10 minutes (Do not over bake. Cookies will be soft. They will puff during baking, flatten upon cooling.) cool on cookie sheet until set, about 1 minute remove to wire rack to cool.
I really messed up and only used one stick of butter + the four tablespoons. I couldn't imagine why the dough was so stiff at the end! It wasn't until I was completely done baking cookies that I realized I had left out half of the butter. How were the cookies you ask? They were delicious!! They were like miniature brownies, not dry or hard. Just deep chocolate goodness! They were a bit small and didn't spread, probably due to not using all of the butter. If these were that good with a major error, I can only imagine how good they will be with full power butter! Aunt Dawn, thanks for a great recipe!! It's a keeper!!!
These were good. Still doesn't beat a chocolate chip cookie. I like the fact that all the ingredients are ingredients that are usually on hand.
These are great! They do taste like brownies! Crispy around the edges and soft and chewy in the middle. Baked them for 10 minutes exactly. Next time I'm going to add white chocolate chips. Tasted best the first couple days.