Recipe by Tarlain
This is from the back of an individual brownie pan.
Top Review by Galley Devil
This was my first time baking brownies. A very simple recipe that requires just one bowl. I used a 22 x 29 cm pan and the brownies were approximately 1/2 inch thick. I got about 15 small squares out of it. I did bake them for 20 mins, though next time I think I'll take them out of the oven after 18 mins. Might even add in some chopped walnuts when I make these again, which will be very soon. TY for posting.
- 6 tablespoons hershey's cocoa
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 350F lightly coat surface of pan with non-stick spray.
- Stir together cocoa and baking soda in medium bowl; stir in half the melted butter. Add boiling water; stir until blended and mixture is slightly thickened. Stir in sugar, egg and remaining melted butter. Stirring until smooth. Add flour, vanilla and salt; blend completely. Evenly spread batter in pan.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until brownies just start to pull from the edges of the pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. To remove, invert pan and allow to drop out.