Recipe by Rachchow
This is super easy and a yummy cross between a pudding and a cake.
Top Review by Chipfo
Delicious! I have made a simular cake before but without the cherry pie topping, that is very good. If I find the other recipe I will throw it out, only need one and this is it! I used the extract because I didn't have the brandy but I can't wait to try it that way too. Thanks Rach! Chip
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot water
- 1⁄4 cup kirsch (cherry brandy, or 2 Tbsp. water plus 1/2 tsp. almond extract)
- 1 (19 ounce) can cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, combine ¾ cup sugar, flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Add milk, margarine, and vanilla; beat until smooth. Spread into an 8 or 9-inch square pan.
- In small bowl, stir together ½ cup sugar, brown sugar, and ¼ cup cocoa; sprinkle mixture evenly over batter.
- Combine hot water and kirsch; pour over batter. Do not stir.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Let stand 15 minutes; spoon into dessert dishes, spooning sauce from bottom of pan over top. Serve with cherry pie filling.