Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I searched for years for a brownie that was more ooey gooey than cake like and here it is. I make it in a 9X13 pan and it dissapears FAST. I found this on the back of a Hershey's Cocoa can and the icing is from a friend.
- 236.59 ml butter (use the real stuff)
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 4 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 177.44 ml hershey's cocoa powder
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts (optional, I do not use)
- 236.59 ml confectioners' sugar
- 44.37 ml cocoa powder
- 14.79 ml melted butter
- 29.58 ml warm water
- For brownies heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In large microwave safe bowl place butter and microwave until melted.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time, hand beating well with spoon after each addition.
- Add cocoa; beat until well blended.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat well.
- Stir in nuts if desired.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 - 35 minutes (I underbake mine for 25 minutes).
- Drop icing on hot brownies and spread with a rubber spatula as icing melts. Cool completely and cut into bars.
- For icing. Melt butter then wisk in the cocoa, butter and powder sugar. Icing will be thick but will melt when placed on hot brownies and make like a thin chocolate coating. The brownies are still good without the icing but what the heck, go for it!
I made these without the topping and the nuts but I threw in an entire bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips, making them the best brownies I've made yet.
These are delicious! I've had this recipe for along time on a Hershey's Cocoa recipe card. Very easy to make and it's a good thing too, because they disappear fast! I used the creamy brownie frosting recipe that came with the brownie recipe card. Listed on the Zaar as recipe #43891
The moistest, chocolatiest, sweet decadent brownie everrr! My grandkids are asking me to make these as an extra treat for their birthday parties (besides the cake, of course!). Even my daughter, always the critic, loved it. These are the best brownies I have ever made, and will use this as my go-to brownie recipe from this day forward! I followed the recipe exactly, with the exception f the cooking spray. I greased my 9 x 13 glass dish with vegetable oil as my daughter had no cooking spray. Thank you so much for this delicious recipe!