1/5 Photos of Hershey's Best Brownies
I searched for years for a brownie that was more ooey gooey than cake like and here it is. I make it in a 9X13 pan and it dissapears FAST. I found this on the back of a Hershey's Cocoa can and the icing is from a friend.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter (use the real stuff)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup hershey's cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional, I do not use)
- 1For brownies heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with non stick cooking spray.
- 2In large microwave safe bowl place butter and microwave until melted.
- 3Stir in sugar and vanilla.
- 4Add eggs one at a time, hand beating well with spoon after each addition.
- 5Add cocoa; beat until well blended.
- 6Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat well.
- 7Stir in nuts if desired.
- 8Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 - 35 minutes (I underbake mine for 25 minutes).
- 9Drop icing on hot brownies and spread with a rubber spatula as icing melts. Cool completely and cut into bars.
- 10For icing. Melt butter then wisk in the cocoa, butter and powder sugar. Icing will be thick but will melt when placed on hot brownies and make like a thin chocolate coating. The brownies are still good without the icing but what the heck, go for it!
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hershey's Best Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.6
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 35.0 mg
- Sodium 77.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 2.0 g