Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A friend gave me this recipe several years ago and it's become a real favorite!
- 1 cup butter, softened (not margarine)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 Hershey Bars, separated into squares
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla until creamy.
- Add flour and salt; mix well.
- Pat dough into a 10x13" rectangle on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes- until dough is set and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and immediately top with the Hershey bar squares.
- When squares have softened (and it doesn't take long!) spread evenly and top with the finely chopped walnuts.
- Cut into bars while warm, as these are difficult to cut when cooled.
These cookies are really good! My Mom used to make these at Christmastime every year & she lost the recipe about 10 years ago. I am so glad I found this one. They taste just like Mom's!