Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from a teacher that I had in school. My husband and I still go eat with her every so often. She served this to us on our first Homecoming in high school, we went to her house for dinner and it was great. It is so delicious and easy!!!
- 12 ounces hershey chocolate bars with almonds (break the bars apart into smaller pieces so they will melt faster)
- 16 large marshmallows
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 1 baked 9-inch graham cracker crust
- Combine first 3 ingredients in top of double boiler. Melt over boiling water---do not boil!
- Let cool.
- Add whipping cream with electric mixer. Add to chocolate mixture.
- Pour into baked pie shell and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- *** Idea for Substitution that taste excellent: Substitute 12 oz. Hershey with 6 packages of Reese's peanut butter cups (contain 2 in a package) OR 12 oz. Reese's peanut butter chips!
I've made this for years; my bridge clubs favorite dessert. They call it the BIG O (get it?) Chocolate Pie. Glad you've posted it!