Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This cake is rich, moist, creamy...Its a choclate lover's dream. Great to impress people at a potluck or for a special birthday cake. Its got WOW potential.
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix (I use Swiss or regular.)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 hershey chocolate bars with almonds, grated
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Mix first 5 ingredients and bake at 350 in 4 round cake pans.
- (I just used 2 cake pans twice. Who has four cake pans?) Bake according to cake mix directions.
- Mix frosting ingredients together and add 4 grated Hershey bars with almonds and ½ cup pecans.
- Ice between layers, top and sides.
I always make this cake for Thanksgiving it's and all time favorite and requested by everyone when the Thanksgiving menu is planned.
Addictive - simply the best darned cake to make or take anywhere - bar none! I would unhesitatingly put this one up against ANYONE else's chocolate cake & unless they were food snobs, they'd realize this one gives any chocolate cake & frosting a real run for the money. Thanks for posting Laura Leigh, best cake made/tasted in 2010!
This is a wonderful recipie. The cake is so moist. My 9 year old loved it.