Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Moist chocolate cake
- 1 (8 ounce) milk chocolate candy bars, broken into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 2⁄3 cups boiling water
- 2 1⁄3 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine chocolate bar pieces, butter or margarine and boiling water in medium mixing bowl.
- Stir until chocolate is melted.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt in large mixer bowl.
- Ggradually add chocolate mixture, beating until thoroughly blended.
- Blend in eggs, sour cream and vanilla and beat 1 minute on medium speed.
- Pour into greased and floured 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool completely; frost as desired.
This cake is okay. I used six little fun size bars of milk chocolate, dark brown sugar and light sour cream. It is very mild in taste and somewhat moist. I think there are better recipes out there. I did ice mine with chocolate cool whip.
Simple, delicious and very moist cake!! Ran out of milk chocolate bars so used dark chocolate (85%) - cake came out not too sweet and could easily be served with a nice icing. Chose to leave it as is for a nice, not to sweet cake. Thanks Charlotte!