Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe starts with a mix to save time, but doesn't sacrifice the flavor. So rich it will make you "slap your mama" - great for summer picnics or potlucks.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) boxduncan hines dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 12 ounces Cool Whip (1.5 tubs)
- 3 Hershey Bars, chopped (may use Hershey with almonds or special dark)
- Great and flour 3 9-inch round cake pans.
- Mix first five ingredients and divide between three pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.
- Mix cream cheese, sugars, and Cool Whip until creamy. Add Hershey bars and mix additional minute. Spread between layers, then sides, then top.
- Store in refrigerator.