Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just in time for the SuperBowl! A new way to prepare one of America's all-time favorites - brought to you by Philadelphia's favorite potato chip.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 3⁄4 cup finely crushed herr's barbecue potato chips (or your favorite flavor of Herr's Chips)
- In large mixing bowl, combine ground beef and evaporated milk.
- Add the onion soup mix and crushed potato chips and stir.
- Mold into approximately 6 patties and grill or boil. This is also great with Herr's Buffalo Wing Kettle Cooked potato chips!
I too was really surprised at how well this burger held together with the milk. I fried them in a cast iron skillet and the one thing I noticed is man do they cook fast with I guess the evaporated milk. I kind of cooked them just a little too long. I used barbecue chips and some regular as I did not have enough barbecue (added just a tblsp of barbecue sauce). I expected more barbecue spicy flavor but maybe I did not get it without enough. I will try this one again tho as the burgers were really still good. Thanks Herr Foods.
Excellent burger!I wasnt sure at first but was curious enough to give it a try. I doubled the recipe and made them on my pancake griddle.It made seven good sized burgers.Excellent flavor and despite being very moist, they held together well and looked quite nice after cooking.Thanks for a great recipe-PeggyLynn
DH said this burger was excellent!