Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nothing fancy about this, plain ole basic. I used Millers #34573 for the Italian Dressing
Make and share this Hero Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing (prepared)
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 loaf French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 8 ounces thinly sliced bologna
- 8 ounces sliced cooked turkey
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- Mix together the mayonnaise and italian salad dressing.
- Toss the lettuce with 1/4 cup of the dsressing mixture, set aside.
- Brush cut sides of bread with remaining dressing mixture. Fill bread with lettuce mixture, meat, tomatoes, american cheese and green pepper. Cut crosswise into 8 slices.
I used this recipe just for the dressing using the mayo and italian dressing. Tasted great. Thanks!!
This was a great sandwich! I was not sure at first but my family loved it along with me. This will be a keeper for a long time!