Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chewy cooking full of nuts and fruit. From Better Homes and Gardens Christmas Cookies 1998.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Beat butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves, and nutmeg; beat till combined.
- Beat in egg and coffee. Beat in as much of the flour as you can. Stir in remaining flour with a wooden spoon. Stir in raisins and chopped pecans.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart on an ugreased cookie sheet. Bak in a 375 ove for 8 to 10 minutes or till edges are lightly browned. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.
Have searched for Hermit cookie recipe and finally found this one. It is excellent. Thanks so much, Barb Gerrie
Made for PAC, Spring 2007 ~ Well, it's possible I shouldn't even be reviewing this recipe, BUT I WILL, in spite of the fact that I substituted strong tea for the 'strong brewed coffee!' So, even though I DON'T know what the hermits SHOULD taste like with the coffee, I can tell you that they're JUST GREAT with tea!!!