Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delightful spicy cookies that are lower in fat and sugar!
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1⁄2 cup water, hot
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons dry buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Combine coffee and hot water, making sure water is very hot and stir.
- Set aside.
- Combine margarine, brown sugar and sugar substitute.
- Cream at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg whites and mix well.
- Stir together dry ingredients, including raisins.
- Add to creamed sugars, add coffee and walnuts and mix well.
- Brok by 1 1/2 tablespoonfuls (level # 40 dipper) onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes until firm.
- Cool on wire rack.