Recipe by Bluenoser
These have been a favorite of mine for quite some time and i hope they be will for you after trying them.
Top Review by Grandma Sharon #2
Made these as part of a cookie tray, making all diabetic cookies. Well I had to make a second batch as hubby came home from work and got into them and had over half devoured before I could stop him. Very tasty, a snap to make, and I would suspect very popular. The remainder of the first batch were chomped down by our two grandsons and they asked that I make some to bring for the holiday season. Definitely a keeper.
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 44.37 ml brown sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 354.88 ml flour (sifted)
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml clove (ground)
- 78.07 ml skim milk
- 78.07 ml raisins (chopped)
- 59.14 ml walnuts (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together shortening and brown sugar replacement.
- Add egg ,beat until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour,baking powder,cinnamon,salt,baking soda,nutmeg and cloves in sifter.
- Add alternately with milk to creamed mixture.
- Fold in raisins and walnuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets,2 to 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 350F for 12 to 15 minutes.