Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These have been a favorite of mine for quite some time and i hope they be will for you after trying them.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove (ground)
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup raisins (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Cream together shortening and brown sugar replacement.
- Add egg ,beat until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour,baking powder,cinnamon,salt,baking soda,nutmeg and cloves in sifter.
- Add alternately with milk to creamed mixture.
- Fold in raisins and walnuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets,2 to 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 350F for 12 to 15 minutes.
Made these as part of a cookie tray, making all diabetic cookies. Well I had to make a second batch as hubby came home from work and got into them and had over half devoured before I could stop him. Very tasty, a snap to make, and I would suspect very popular. The remainder of the first batch were chomped down by our two grandsons and they asked that I make some to bring for the holiday season. Definitely a keeper.