Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These cinnamon sweet rolls are made with the famous Herman starter. If you don't have your own hanging out in your fridge, search for "Herman starter" on Recipezaar to get one rolling. Delicious! I'm adding my collection of Herman recipes as time allows, so check back for more Herman options. If you have more of your own, please share!
- 1 cup herman starter, twice-fed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar (I use dark brown)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup pecans (or other nuts)
- Preheat oven to 425 and grease a pie or round cake pan.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, 1/4 c brown sugar, oil, & Herman.
- Place on floured surface and knead lightly.
- Shape into rolls and place in greased pie or cake pan.
- Stir together the other 1/4 c brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, and nuts to make the topping. Sprinkle over rolls. Bake 15-20 minutes or until brown.
I really enjoyed the flavor, using my own sourdough starter. I am always looking for new recipes. However, the recipe ingredient portions did not make for a dough that could be kneaded as the recipe instructs. I had to add flour. It asks for one cup of brown sugar, but instructs to use 1/2 c. and baking powder is listed twice.... I think it needs to be proofed for errors. I did manage to make it into a delicious recipe, with modification.