Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe for banana bread using the famous Herman yeast starter. If you need to get the starter going, search for a separate recipe titled Herman Starter to do so-- or beg a cup off of a friend who has it!
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Cream together margarine/butter and sugar; add egg and mix until blended.
- Stir in banana and Herman.
- Sift dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder, soda) into banana mixture and add nuts if desired. Stir just enough for the batter to come together; extra stirring will make it tougher.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center. Cool thoroughly before slicing.