Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe for biscuits using the Herman yeast starter. If you need to get the starter going, search for a separate recipe titled Herman Starter to do so.
- 1 cup herman starter (ten days old, twice-fed)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- Let Herman reach room temperature, or remove from fridge about 1 hour before using. Stir in oil.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, soda, salt). Stir into Herman/oil mixture.
- Dump dough onto a floured board and knead until dough is pliable.
- Roll to 1 1/2 inch thickness; cut with biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits on lightly greased baking sheet, cover lightly and let rise in warm place 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until golden, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Note: instead of rolling, the dough may be pinched off in small pieces and shaped into rounds.