240 hrs 25 mins
The starters I found here aren't the same as mine, and I keep losing it, so I'm putting it here for easy reference
My Private Note
cups st ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in water.
- 2Let stand 10 minutes.
- 3In a 2 quart container glass, plastic or ceramic container, combine 1 cup flour and 1 cup sugar.
- 4Mix thoroughly or flour will lump when milk is added.
- 5Slowly stir in 1 cup milk and dissolved yeast mixture.
- 6Cover loosely and let stand until bubbly.
- 7Consider this day 1 of the 10 day cycle.
- 8Leave loosely covered at room temperature.
- 9On days 2 thru 4; stir starter with a spoon.
- 10Day 5; stir in 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk.
- 11Days 6 thru 9; stir only.
- 12Day 10; stir in 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk.
- 13Remove 1 cup to make your first bread, give 2 cups to friends along with this recipe, and your favorite Amish Bread recipe.
- 14Store the remaining 1 cup starter in a container in the refrigerator, or begin the 10 day process over again (beginning with step 2).
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herman Starter -- for Amish Friendship Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1773 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1044.6
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 94.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 230.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 149.9 g
- Protein 16.4 g