Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
While working for the Heritage Ballroom several years ago, my fellow chef and I came up with this easy, unique recipe for chicken breast. This recipe was used for my final exam when I was in culinary school (I got an A). It gets it's name from the place where it was originally created.
- 12 pieces chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 500 ml tomato juice
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 20 ml Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven for about 20 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- (While chicken is cooking) in a large pan, mix together tomato juice, butter, brown sugar, Tabasco sauce, Cajun seasoning, garlic salt, and onion powder.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to thicken.
- Add chicken to pan and toss to coat.