1/1 Photo of Heritage Bundt Cake
1 hr 30 mins
Included on the Williams-Sonoma Heritage Bundt Cake label. I have to confess my new bundt pan is currently cooking a lemon bundt recipe but I'd like to transcribe this recipe before I toss the label.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Have all ingredients at room temperature. Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 325F (165C).
- 2Grease and flour the bundt pan, tap out excess flour.
- 3Over a sheet of waxed paper, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- 4In the bowl of an electric mixer fixed with the flat beater, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy and smooth, about 30 seconds.
- 5Add the granulated sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes, stopping the mixer occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- 6Add the eggs a little at time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla just until incorporated, about 1 minute.
- 7Reduce speed to low and add the flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the milk and beginning and ending with the flour. Beat each addition just until incorporated, stopping the mixer occasionally to scape down the sides of the bowl.
- 8Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, spreading the batter so the sides are higher than the center. Bake until the cake begins to pull away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 15 minutes.
- 9Gently tap the pan on a work surface to loosen the cake. Set the rack over a sheet of waxed paper, invert the pan onto the rack and lift off the pan. Let the cake cool completely, at least 2 hours, before serving.
- 10Dust with confectioner's sugar just before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heritage Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.6
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 85.5 mg
- Sodium 170.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 4.4 g