Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lot of Americans never learn the joys of pickled herring, which is sad. :) We love Scandinavian foods in our home! This is one of my adopted recipes. Prep time includes chilling.
- 8 ounces pickled herring, drained
- 1⁄2 green pepper, seeded and diced (you can sub red/yellow/orange, if you prefer)
- 1 tart apple, cored and diced
- 1 orange, peeled, sectioned, and diced
- 2 teaspoons grated onions
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Combine ingredients and marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Serve on lettuce leaves.