Recipe by Sonya M
Turn this easy-to-make fudge recipe into a personalized treat! Heart-shaped fudge is a great gift for that someone special. Or take a decorative tray full of fudge for the Valentine's Day office party.
- 2 cups hershey premier white chocolate chips, divided (12-oz. pkg.)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup hershey cocoa or 1⁄2 cup hershey Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup candied red cherries, quartered
- 3 -5 drops red food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 13x9x2-inch pan with foil.
- Place 1 cup white chips and almond extract in medium bowl.
- In second medium bowl, stir together cocoa, 1/4 cup melted butter and vanilla extract until mixture is smooth; add remaining 1 cup white chips (chips do not need to melt).
- Combine sugar, marshmallow creme, evaporated milk and 1/4 cup butter in heavy 4-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to full rolling boil (bubbles can't be stirred down); continue boiling and stirring 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Immediately add half of hot mixture to bowl with white chips only.
- Pour remainder into cocoa mixture; stir to blend.
- Beat white chip mixture until chips are completely melted; stir in cherries.
- Add red food color, if desired.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Beat cocoa mixture until chips are melted and mixture thickens slightly.
- Spread evenly over top of white chip layer.
- Cover; refrigerate until firm.
- Remove from pan; peel off foil.
- Cut with heart-shaped cookie cutters or cut into squares.
- Cover; store in refrigerator.
- About 8 dozen squares.
- NOTE: For best results, do not double this recipe.