Recipe by MizzNezz
Get ready for Valentines Day!!! these are just the ticket.
Top Review by aspiringteacher
These turned out very well, although I thought they would not. The final product was loved by everyone in the family, but rolling out the dough was difficult because it was so crumbly. I made one batch and then added more butter to the remaining dough, which seems to have made it a little less crumbly, and easier to roll out. The taste was the same in both batches. And I also used 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and 2 tbls. of shortening for the dip. Good recipe, but maybe some modifications are needed to make the dough easier to roll out.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 7 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, gradually add sugar, at med speed.
- Add flour and vanilla; mix well.
- Shape into ball, wrap in wax paper.
- Chill 2 hours.
- Roll dough to 1/4 inch thick on floured surface.
- Cut with 2 inch heart shaped cookie cutter.
- Bake at 300* for 25 minutes or until just turning brown at the edges.
- Cool on rack.
- Melt chocolate on low heat.
- Dip half of each cookie in chocolate.
- Sprinkle with nuts.