1/3 Photos of Hereford House Steak Oscar
Kansas City was and still is considered a "Cow Town". We are blessed to call The Hereford House our hometown restaurant. Celebrating 50 years they finally shared their recipes in the local paper. If you can't make it to KC at least you can eat like you're here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season both sides of the fillet with salt and pepper. Place on a hot grill and cook 4 minutes on one side. Turn steak over and cook additional 4 minutes.
- 2In separate skillet, add 1 ounce of the butter and the crab cake and sear on one side. Turn over and sear the other side.
- 3Cook crab cake until hot all the way through. Keep warm.
- 4In separate skillet, add remaining butter and cook the asparagus. Cook until cooked through and hot. Turn heat down to keep warm.
- 5Remove steak from grill and top with the crab cake. Pipe the mashed potatoes to the side of the fillet. Lay the asparagus against the fillet and potatoes. Pour the bearnaise sauce over the steak and crab cake.
- 6Garnish with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Savory Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hereford House Steak Oscar
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 686.4
- Calories from Fat 464
- Total Fat 51.6 g
- Saturated Fat 30.6 g
- Cholesterol 211.1 mg
- Sodium 1528.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 17.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
filet of beef