Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another recipe from the Herdez web site that seems really delicious.
- 3 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) Mexican-style diced tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa (HERDEZ)
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa verde (HERDEZ)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced
- Sauté meat and onions in oil. Add diced tomatoes, salsas, broth, salt, pepper, garlic and cumin.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until meat is tender, about 1 1/2 hours. During the last 30 minutes of cooking, add diced potatoes.
- Spoon into warm bowls and serve with warm flour tortillas on the side.