1/1 Photo of Herby Tuna Burgers With Wasabi (Low Fat and Healthy)
These tuna burgers are a great way to get people that don't think they like fish to eat and enjoy it. These burgers are very low fat, particularly for a burger, easy to make and taste really good. The wasabi paste I used didn't overpower the other flavors but added a nice background taste but if you wanted a stronger strength you could certainly use more of the paste. The cooking time includes the 30 minute chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the onion, garlic, parsley, cilantro and soy sauce into a food processor or mini chopper and blitz together for about 20 to 30 seconds until everything is blended and the herbs are finely chopped.
- 2Empty the herb mixture into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- 3Put the tuna chunks into the food processor and blitz until the tuna is ground up but not yet a paste. This takes me about 30 seconds with the need to pulse a bit to get the stubborn chunks.
- 4Scrape the tuna out into the same mixing bowl you put the herb mixture into.
- 5Add the wasabi paste into the bowl and them combine with your hands to make sure everything is well mixed.
- 6Divide the mixture into four and make into four even sized patties.
- 7Put patties on a plate and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- 8Take the burgers out of the fridge and heat a non-stick frying pan until it is hot and use either a bit of canola oil or a cooking spray if you want to save those extra fat grams. Though, if you keep it canola oil it is mostly unsaturated fat. So, whatever works for you.
- 9Put the burger patties in the hot pan and cook for about 5 minutes on each side until they are cooked through.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herby Tuna Burgers With Wasabi (Low Fat and Healthy)
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.2
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 43.0 mg
- Sodium 352.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 27.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: