Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
These tuna burgers are a great way to get people that don't think they like fish to eat and enjoy it. These burgers are very low fat, particularly for a burger, easy to make and taste really good. The wasabi paste I used didn't overpower the other flavors but added a nice background taste but if you wanted a stronger strength you could certainly use more of the paste. The cooking time includes the 30 minute chilling time.
Top Review by Krista Roes
This was good. I liked the wasabi and the soy sauce. I added an additional 1/2 tsp. wasabi to some low fat yogart dressing and drizzled it on top. Made for the Went to the Market Tag Game.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 lb tuna steak, cut up into chunks
- 2 tablespoons wasabi paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the onion, garlic, parsley, cilantro and soy sauce into a food processor or mini chopper and blitz together for about 20 to 30 seconds until everything is blended and the herbs are finely chopped.
- Empty the herb mixture into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Put the tuna chunks into the food processor and blitz until the tuna is ground up but not yet a paste. This takes me about 30 seconds with the need to pulse a bit to get the stubborn chunks.
- Scrape the tuna out into the same mixing bowl you put the herb mixture into.
- Add the wasabi paste into the bowl and them combine with your hands to make sure everything is well mixed.
- Divide the mixture into four and make into four even sized patties.
- Put patties on a plate and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Take the burgers out of the fridge and heat a non-stick frying pan until it is hot and use either a bit of canola oil or a cooking spray if you want to save those extra fat grams. Though, if you keep it canola oil it is mostly unsaturated fat. So, whatever works for you.
- Put the burger patties in the hot pan and cook for about 5 minutes on each side until they are cooked through.