This is a lovely risotto that's quick to throw together and makes a perfect use for your left over rice. You could also use dried herbs but I think the fresh ones are so much better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 inches fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch spring onions or 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 5 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 20 black olives (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Put the ginger, garlic and onion in a saucepan along with the oils.
- 2Sauté lightly until they are soft.
- 3Add the cooked rice, water, tomatoes and herbs, as well as the olives if desired.
- 4Continue simmering for about 5 minutes or until the water is absorbed, seasoning with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herby Sun-Dried Tomato Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.0
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 86.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: