Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a lovely risotto that's quick to throw together and makes a perfect use for your left over rice. You could also use dried herbs but I think the fresh ones are so much better.
- 2 inches fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch spring onions or 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 5 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 20 black olives (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Put the ginger, garlic and onion in a saucepan along with the oils.
- Sauté lightly until they are soft.
- Add the cooked rice, water, tomatoes and herbs, as well as the olives if desired.
- Continue simmering for about 5 minutes or until the water is absorbed, seasoning with salt and pepper.
I really loved this recipe it has become one of my specialties, but I use angle hair pasta instead of rice. I usually only use rice for asian dishes. The ingredients were great though, and it's super easy. Tawnya