Top Review by Amberngriffinco
If you're not too fond of lamb, you'll like this. I DO, but the lamb isn't overpowering in this recipe. I used rosemary and garlic. Hearty and I served it on ciabatta roll.
- 1 onion, very finely chopped or grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 stalk celery, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs (chef's choice)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 ounces fresh white breadcrumbs
- barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the ingredients, except barbecue sauce, in a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 8 and form each portion into a ball.
- Use your hands, pressing the mixture together firmly.
- Turn each ball onto a lightly floured surface and press down with the palm of your hand to form burgers.
- Cook over hot coals for 5-8 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Serve with a hot barbecue sauce.