Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These succulent lamb chops with their fruity, garlic and rosemary sauce make a quick meal. For a barbecue, cook the lamb with its marinade in foil parcels over a moderate heat. Time does not include marinating.
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 lamb loin chops, trimmed of fat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a shallow, non-metallic dish, mix together the red wine vinegar and redcurrant jelly. Strip the leaves from the rosemary stalks, set a few aside to garnish, and finely chop the remainder.
- Stir into the redcurrant mixture with the garlic. Add the lamb and turn in the mixture; then allow to marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, then add the lamb with its marinade and cook for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway through, until the lamb is done to your liking and the sauce has reduced to a sticky consistency.
- Serve the lamb with mashed potatoes and steamed snow peas. Garnish with the reserved rosemary.
Nice and easy recipe, added an extra tbs of redcurrant jelly. I normally make this sauce separately in a small saucepan but cooking it all together makes the lamb extra tender.