Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I think this is a nice twist on the "normal" potato salad. Without the mayonnaise it's a bit healthier and a safer to take to summer picnics as well! You can also add some fresh watercress, once the potatoes are cool, for extra crunch.
- 5 -6 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 fresh eggs
- 20 ml white wine vinegar
- 60 ml olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato (to taste)
- Boil potatoes in large pot of water until tender but not mushy.
- Hardboil eggs (about 10 minutes).
- You can do this in the pot, with the potatoes, if you like.
- Peel when cool.
- Meanwhile, put sundried tomatoes in a bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Leave to soak.
- Drain potatoes and leave to cool for a few minutes, then slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix vinegar, oil, mustard, salt and pepper in the bottom of a large bowl Whisk until you have a thick emulsion.
- Put potatoes into bowl and mix until they are coated with dressing.
- Leave to sit for a couple minutes.
- Drain sundried tomatoes and chop into pieces.
- Mix in herbs, garlic and sundried tomatoes.
- Grate eggs over the top.
I chose this potato salad to bring to a potluck because it had no mayonnaise, nor did it have to be served hot as some do. I followed the recipe exactly. It tasted fine and most of it disappeared.