Recipe by Mirj
One of my latest comfort foods.
Top Review by carole in orlando
This is an OMG recipe. My husband had two helpings and he doesn't like sour cream! I made half as there are only two of us. To cut calories I used low fat cottage cheese and light sour cream. I used just the egg noodles and sauteed 6 oz of fresh spinach with the onions instead. I left out the tarragon as a personal preference and had no green peppers to add. This was so delightful I can't wait to try it again. If my calculations are right this is 4 points for 1/4 of the 8x8 pan for Weight Watchers. Thanks, Mirj for a lovely side dish or main entree. Carole in Orlando
- 4 ounces egg noodles
- 4 ounces spinach noodles
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the noodles in boiling water until al dente.
- You can cook the two kinds together.
- Rinse with hot water and drain well, set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, herbs, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper.
- Mix together well.
- In a skillet, saute the onion and green pepper in heated butter for about 5 minutes.
- Add the noodles and stir until well blended.
- Pour into a buttered 9"x13" baking dish.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.