Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
One of my latest comfort foods.
Make and share this Herby Noodle Bake (A Kugel By Any Other Name) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces egg noodles
- 4 ounces spinach noodles
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Cook the noodles in boiling water until al dente.
- You can cook the two kinds together.
- Rinse with hot water and drain well, set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, herbs, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper.
- Mix together well.
- In a skillet, saute the onion and green pepper in heated butter for about 5 minutes.
- Add the noodles and stir until well blended.
- Pour into a buttered 9"x13" baking dish.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
This is an OMG recipe. My husband had two helpings and he doesn't like sour cream! I made half as there are only two of us. To cut calories I used low fat cottage cheese and light sour cream. I used just the egg noodles and sauteed 6 oz of fresh spinach with the onions instead. I left out the tarragon as a personal preference and had no green peppers to add. This was so delightful I can't wait to try it again. If my calculations are right this is 4 points for 1/4 of the 8x8 pan for Weight Watchers. Thanks, Mirj for a lovely side dish or main entree. Carole in Orlando
Apart from using red pepper instead of the green pepper (personal taste preference), adding 2 cups of mushrooms and 6 cloves of minced garlic, omitting the hot pepper sauce (I don't like hot sauces so I added some oyster sauce), I made this exactly to the recipe. I used low-fat sour cream and low-fat cottage cheese and all the herbs were dried herbs. A yummy blend of flavours and very creamy. Everyone loved this. The only change I'll make next time will be to double the recipe so that I can put some extra meals in my parents' freezer. Thank you, Mirj, for sharing this scrumptious recipe.