Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Kraft, a nice savoury spread for crackers or bread.
- 150 g mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 200 g spreadable Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blend with an electric beater until smooth.
- Chill for approx 20 mins before serving to allow flavours to combine.
- Spread on bread for a tasty & healthy snack.
Really good spread. I just added a splash of lemon juice to keep it from going brown the next day and a bit of salt. The flavours combine wonderfully. Definitely a keeper thank you for posting.
I enjoyed the freshness of this spread. I am a mushroom lover so I had a pretty big hunch I would like it and I did. I went for fat free cream cheese and I added just a bit of garlic salt because whenever I see mushrooms I think garlic. Made for the Family Picks portion of ZWT4.
So, I wasn't sure about this one. Raw mushrooms are good, but blitzed up? I dunno . . .but I gave it a try, made only 1/2 c. for a couple of sandwiches for lunches around here. WOW! This was so incredibly yummy! I am definitely going to add this to my keeper file, especially since my 2yo ate it up, the first time he hasn't dissected a sandwich before eating. Thank you so much for posting, made for ZWT4.