Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another excellent way to make use of the herbs in your garden!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons equal parts freshly chopped basil, sweet marjoram, thyme and lovage
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- Mix the ground beef, egg, herbs, salt and freshly ground black pepper and soy sauce together in a large bowl.
- Sauté the onion in the butter until golden.
- Stir into the ground beef mixture.
- Add enough breadcrumbs to hold the mix together.
- Shape into flattened patties and broil or barbecue until cooked through (roughly 5 minutes each side).
- Serve on a seeded bun with crisp lettuce, fresh tomato and mayonnaise.
Had these for supper tonight, made all four and put two in the freezer for future use.We enjoyed them very much, the herbs gave them a lovely flavour, the only one I was missing was the lovage. Very good we will make them again, thanks for sharing.
Made this tonight for dinner. Did not use the egg (forgot I was out) and just used the onions uncooked. So good and easy! Threw them on the Foreman and they were done in about 7 minutes. Thanks so much.