Recipe by English_Rose
This dip or spread is not just for picnics. It is equally good in the garden or in the kitchen! Serve this with an assortment of fresh, crisp, vegetable crudités and bread sticks. Add thinly sliced salami, crumbled feta and herb-marinated olives and you have a feast.
- 10 ounces fava beans, podded and skinned
- 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- 4 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the beans in the bowl of a food processor or blender and pulse-chop, not too finely.
- Add the shallot, ricotta, herbs and 1 tbsp of the olive oil and process briefly. Add most of the remaining oil and seasoning, and process again.
- Check the seasoning. Turn the mixture into a bowl and drizzle with a little more oil.