Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 lb plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 lb courgette, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- 1 ounce fresh yeast or 1⁄2 ounce dried yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 pint water
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, salt, parmesan, courgettes and herbs.
- If using fresh yeast, dissolve in a little warm water and add to the flour mixture.
- If using dry yeast, dissolve in water and keep aside for 10 mins until foamy, then add.
- Add the oil, egg and enough warm water to make firm but fairly sticky dough.
- Turn out and knead vigorously on a floured board.
- Grease the bowl and return the dough to it.
- Leave until it rises to double its size.
- Bash it down and mould it into an 11" bread tin.
- Let it rise to the top of the tin, then bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree C for 40– 45 mins or until golden brown and fragrant.
- It should sound hollow when tapped.