Prep 336 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Add a savoury twist to almost any recipe that calls for balsamic vinegar.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces chopped mixed fresh herbs (thyme, savory, basil, oregano and a bay leaf)
- 25 fluid ounces balsamic vinegar
- fresh herb, for bottling
- Mix the herbs and vinegar together in a jar.
- Seal and leave in a warm place for 2 weeks, shaking often.
- Strain the vinegar through cheesecloth and then through coffee filter paper.
- Pour into sterilized bottles and add 2-3 sprigs of fresh herb to each bottle.
- Seal with acid-proof lids or bottle tops.