Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
I used to not like aubergines, until I once had a sandwich with hummus, arugula and roasted aubergine and have been a convert since. I like the simplicity of this dish and love the leftovers cold in a sandwich the next day. I usually serve these as a side when we're having a bbq. Preparation time includes time for marinating.
- Mix the oil, lemon juice and herbs.
- Add the sliced aubergine and toss, making sure it gets well coated.
- Leave to stand for 30 minutes Season with salt and pepper.
- (If you prefer you can add the salt& pepper to the marinade).
- Griddle or grill for approx 5 mins each side, until chargrilled.
Simple and delicious!
I did peel my eggplant. Good and lemony.
These came out great! I grilled them last night then cooled and popped in the fridge for later lunch but I could not resist a 'sample'. YUM! Next time I will add some garlic- then they will be over the top! Thanks Sylvie