Recipe by -Sylvie-
I used to not like aubergines, until I once had a sandwich with hummus, arugula and roasted aubergine and have been a convert since. I like the simplicity of this dish and love the leftovers cold in a sandwich the next day. I usually serve these as a side when we're having a bbq. Preparation time includes time for marinating.
- 2 aubergines, thickly sliced (eggplants)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the oil, lemon juice and herbs.
- Add the sliced aubergine and toss, making sure it gets well coated.
- Leave to stand for 30 minutes Season with salt and pepper.
- (If you prefer you can add the salt& pepper to the marinade).
- Griddle or grill for approx 5 mins each side, until chargrilled.