1 hr 1 min
Our Kitchen To Yours's Note:
Bring the age-old Herbs de Provence spice blend into your cooking! This is a simple way to make a brilliant infused olive oil. This is the perfect additive to savory pork, poultry, and fish recipes. This is one of the secrets to my kitchen, and my neighbors ask me when I will make them another bottle. Pour this oil into a container, and add salt and pepper for the best dipping oil ever!
My Private Note
- 1Pick a container that you would like to use for your infused olive oil. Most people will typically choose a 16 oz Olive Oil Bottle.
- 2Pour olive oil in the container 80% full. (The herbs will take up room in the finished product).
- 3Pour the Olive Oil into pot on the stove.
- 4Add 1/2 Cup of Herbs de Provence.
- 5Gently stir & bring the oil to a slight simmer, and turn off heat. (Make sure you do not mess up this step! Deep fried herbs are terrible in this oil, and turn golden! You want to keep your herbs de provence green!).
- 6Let the oil cool for 30 minutes.
- 7Repeat bringing the oil and herbs to a slight simmer, and then turn off the heat.
- 8Allow oil to cool to room temperature. (This could break your olive oil bottle if you don't allow this to cool).
- 9Use a colander to put your oil and herbs into your container. Use a fork to squeeze the infused oil from the herbs.
- 10The oil should be herb green colored, but should never form clouds. If you see clouds within the first week, re-simmer the oil ASAP. The only way to keep the oil from becoming rancid later is to remove as much moisture as possible.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbs De Provence Infused Olive Oil
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g