Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came from Ron Lassiter, owner/Chief baker of Uncle Herb's Restaurant in Oxnard, CA
- 2 compressed yeast cakes
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 10 cups flour
- melted butter, to brush on dough
- cinnamon-sugar mixture
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Mix together yeast, water, milk, sugar, salt, shortening and flour. Knead about 10 times; set in warm area and let rise 1 hour.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half out on a floured board into 10 by 12 inch rectangle.
- Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar to taste.
- Roll up dough along long edge; cut roll into 1 to 2 inch slices. Lay slices flat, with cut side up, on a cookie sheet. Put in a warm place. Let rise 2 hours or more. Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown and baked through. Let cool, then top with Confectioner's Icing.
- Directions for Confectioner's Icing:.
- Sift confectioner's sugar. Add other ingredients and mix with mixer until even consistency is reached. Drizzle over cooled Cinnamon Rolls.