Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Take advantage of the fresh herbs in your garden with this delicious omelet fit for two. If you don't have fresh herbs on hand, use 1 1/2 tsp. dried Italian or French herb blend.
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1⁄4 cup Baby Spinach, shredded
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, minced
- Combine the eggs, milk, water, salt and pepper in a bowl; whisk together.
- Spray a 12-inch skillet with non-stick cooking spray; heat pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil, swirling to coat pan.
- Add egg mixture and cook until bottom is set, lifting edges of omelet and tilting skillet to allow eggs to flow beneath to cook, about 8 minutes.
- Top eggs with cheese, spinach and fresh herbs. Fold omelet in half. Continue cooking until cheese melts and spinach wilts, about 2 minutes.
This was a very good recipe. I will make it again.
I am not a good omelet maker but I succeded with this one. Herbie is FABULOUS! As written this would be a huge omelet. I halved the recipe and it was still enough to split. I used fresh grated parmesean, romano & mozzarella because I had them all on hand. The mixture of herbs is delightful with the cheeses. Sweetie couldn't figure out the tarragon but he loved it. This would be lovely with a glass of champagne on a lazy Sunday morning. Thanks Hey Jude for posting an omelet that sounded SO good that I had to give omelet making another try. :-)