The Herbfarm Restaurant is located in Woodinville, Washington. Each week, the award-winning restaurant chooses the best from farm, forest, and sea to create thematic 9-course dinners showcasing the Pacific Northwest. In October 2001, Gourmet Magazine ranked The Herbfarm among "America's Best 50 Restaurants."
My Private Note
cups, a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups skinned and seeded roasted red peppers (from the jar is fine)
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, roasted and skinned (filberts)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (scant)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1Place all ingredients except for the oil in a food processor or blender and whir until the nuts are finely ground.
- 2Turn the machine off and scrape down the sides.
- 3Replace lid, turn the machine on, and then using the chute add in the oil in a steady thin stream and process until sauce is mixed well and has the consistency of a thick salad dressing.
- 4Serve over pasta and sprinkle with an excellent cheese such as asagio shavings or gorgonzola.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbfarm Red Pepper Hazelnut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.8
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1734.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar