2 hrs 30 mins
From Vegetarian Times. Delicious focaccia bread with whole wheat flour for added nutrition. Can also prepare the dough in a bread machine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1NOTE: homemade herbes de Provence is easy to make. **Very important to use a herbes de Provence recipe that has lavender. Some recipes do not specify it.
- 2In a small bowl, stir the sugar and yeast into 1 1/2 cups warm water. Allow to stand 5 minutes or until the mixture becomes bubbly.
- 3In a food processor or large bowl, combine both flours and the salt. Add the yeast mixture and process until soft dough forms. Pour 4 tablespoons of the olive oil through the feed tube while the motor is running. Process 2 minutes more or until dough pulls from the side of the processor.
- 4Transfer dough to bowl coated with olive oil, cover with clean kitchen cotton towel and proof 45 minutes in warm spot.
- 5Prepare a baking sheet by coating with oil. Pat the dough into an 11 x 13-inch rectangle. (The shape doesn't have to be perfect because this is a rustic bread.) Cover with clean cotton towel and let rise 1 hour.
- 6Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 7Place oven rack on lowest level. With your fingertips, gently poke holes randomly all over the bread dough. Brush focaccia with olive oil. Sprinkle evenly with the herbes de Provence and a little bit of salt.
- 8Bake approximately 30 minutes or until both the top and bottom of bread are golden brown.
- 9Remove from oven and let set for 15 minutes before slicing. (We don't slice however, we grab and tear.).
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbes De Provence Focaccia
Serving Size: 1 (466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.4
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 122.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence