Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Herbs de Provence is a mixture of herbs commonly found in the south of France. Thyme, savory, marjoram, and oregano are generally present. Sometimes fennel seeds, sage, rosemary and lavander flowers are included. Use to season chicken, meats, and vegetables.
- 3 tablespoons dried marjoram
- 3 tablespoons dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons dried savory
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- Combine all ingredients.
- Mix well and spoon into a tightly-lidded jar.
- Store in cool, dark place up to 4 months.
I recently bought a VERY expensive, small bottle of olive oil and herbs - IT WAS GREAT!!! When it was gone - did your herbs and added more oil - AND IT IS just as GREAT!!!! Thanks so much for this!
Thanks for sharing this. I have a few recipes calling for these herbs in a new French bistro cookbook. So easily scaled down for my cooking needs.